Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 20, 2009

Oh How I've missed you!

I figured out today that it's been 15 months since I showed this guy some loving!
My bike has been sitting in the garage gathering dust since I found out that I was pregnant - last December!! Today I decided that it was time to dust it off and take it for a little spin. I'm training for the Capital of Texas Triathlon in Austin on Memorial Day. I've been doing spin classes at the gym because it's been too cold for me to ride outside. Today it was 78 degrees so I had no excuse. Jeff was home this morning so I decided that it was about time. I rode for one hour - about 16 miles. I was pretty proud of myself that I "still have it in me"! It felt so great to get back on my bike on the open road. After I rode, I ran for about 15 minutes to try out my first brick workout since having Harper. It wasn't too bad but my legs definitely felt like they hadn't done that in a while.

2 comments:

Kampen Family said...

Mega mom! Look at you training for a triathlon!! Good for you! If you ever want to bring Harper over during the week, I'd love to watch her and you can get outside and ride your bike or run. I'm serious!

Leah said...

Or, you can bring her by on the jogging stroller, drop her off with me, and run! :)