Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Changes

I've come to the conclusion that once you become a mom, you very rarely get any alone time anymore. When Harper was a newborn, I would put her in the moses basket and set her on the bathroom floor when I needed to take a quick shower.
She has outgrown her moses basket and now prefers the sitting up position. Flash forward 6 months - and this is the scene in our bathroom when I'm trying to get a shower.Sometimes she is happy and other times she is screaming. Thank goodness for the Bumbo and the tray that "holds" her toys. Notice the pink towel under her - that is so the toys don't get dirty once she throws them all off of her tray onto the floor. She doesn't look too thrilled to be stuck in the bathroom next to the toilet. Another change is Harper's sling. This sling was my lifesaver for the first few months of her life. Every time we went out of the house, she was in her sling - church, weddings, parties, etc. Up until recently, she fit very nicely in the sling like this:Now she is a little to big to fit that way and she has "graduated" to the kangaroo carry. She seems to like this position alright. Her legs are crossed in front of her and she sits right in front of me. The only problem is she has very curious hands and once she gets them out of the sling she wants to grab anything that I have. Fun times!

No comments: