
It was 48 degrees, cloudy and windy at the start of the race. I dressed in layers and was going to wait until we arrived downtown to figure out exactly what I wanted to run in. We rode the DART train from Carrollton so we didn't have to deal with traffic.


I decided that I was going to shed down to my TNT singlet and shorts. It was a good decision for me because I warmed up running pretty quickly and I wasn't cold until I stopped at the end of the race.

One of our TNT coaches snapped this about mile 10.

Jeff and his Dad brought the kids down to cheer me on. They saw me at mile 7 and then at the finish line. Was so fun seeing them on the course.





Today my legs are so stiff. They feel like I ran a full and not just a half. My first race was 12 years ago and my how things have changed. Having 3 kids will do a number on your body. I wouldn't trade it for the world though. Next goal - get my bike out and dust it off for a triathlon this summer.












No comments:
Post a Comment