Let's just say that I've been dragging my feet just a little bit when it came to potty training. I think I used every excuse in the book...
I'm too tired because I'm pregnant. I don't have the energy because I have a newborn. It's the holidays and we will be traveling so not a good time. Baseball season is in full swing and I'd like Jeff to help. Going out of the country and leaving her with my parents and didn't want her to have accidents at their house.
Those were just a few of the many excuses that I came up with. To be honest - I was really nervous about potty training. For some reason I imagined it to be terrible - cleaning up accidents all the time and sitting in the bathroom for hours trying to get her to go on the potty. Well - boy was I wrong! We followed this easy 3 day method and were pleasantly surprised. I loaded up on supplies on Sunday night and was ready to go on Monday morning.
*Just for the record - I did not use all of these rewards. I bought them all not really knowing what to expect. I guess I can turn them into birthday presents for next month.
We started on Monday morning by throwing away all of her diapers. We actually had her walk through the house with a trash bag and find them all. I put them in the garage - but saved them just in case it was a flop and we needed to go back to diapers. She then got to pick out a pair of big girl panties to wear and we started hydrating her with these.

She was in heaven considering 95% of the time she drinks very diluted juice. I didn't know how much to have her drink so by 9 a.m. she had 3 of them. The book said more than usual. Within the first 30 minutes she had 2 little accidents. But as soon as she had those, I think it clicked that she needed to go to the potty because she didn't have on a diaper. She then proceeded to have 29 successes in the potty on day 1! We might have overhydrated her just a little.

She got 1 M&M each time she had a success in the potty. She had one more little accident during lunch on Monday and then one right before bed. But other than that we have been accident free!

The 3 day method has you basically stay at home for 3 days and focus on the training. I think I asked her 500 times "Tell mommy when you need to go to the potty!" But it worked - she is doing great!

She and Jeff practiced a little baseball while we were all cooped up in the house.
We kept up with this little chart for the 3 days. She got excited about making a mark every time she went.

Thank you Harper for being easy to potty train! I love you sweet girl!
I'm too tired because I'm pregnant. I don't have the energy because I have a newborn. It's the holidays and we will be traveling so not a good time. Baseball season is in full swing and I'd like Jeff to help. Going out of the country and leaving her with my parents and didn't want her to have accidents at their house.
Those were just a few of the many excuses that I came up with. To be honest - I was really nervous about potty training. For some reason I imagined it to be terrible - cleaning up accidents all the time and sitting in the bathroom for hours trying to get her to go on the potty. Well - boy was I wrong! We followed this easy 3 day method and were pleasantly surprised. I loaded up on supplies on Sunday night and was ready to go on Monday morning.
*Just for the record - I did not use all of these rewards. I bought them all not really knowing what to expect. I guess I can turn them into birthday presents for next month.
We started on Monday morning by throwing away all of her diapers. We actually had her walk through the house with a trash bag and find them all. I put them in the garage - but saved them just in case it was a flop and we needed to go back to diapers. She then got to pick out a pair of big girl panties to wear and we started hydrating her with these.
She was in heaven considering 95% of the time she drinks very diluted juice. I didn't know how much to have her drink so by 9 a.m. she had 3 of them. The book said more than usual. Within the first 30 minutes she had 2 little accidents. But as soon as she had those, I think it clicked that she needed to go to the potty because she didn't have on a diaper. She then proceeded to have 29 successes in the potty on day 1! We might have overhydrated her just a little.
She got 1 M&M each time she had a success in the potty. She had one more little accident during lunch on Monday and then one right before bed. But other than that we have been accident free!
The 3 day method has you basically stay at home for 3 days and focus on the training. I think I asked her 500 times "Tell mommy when you need to go to the potty!" But it worked - she is doing great!
She and Jeff practiced a little baseball while we were all cooped up in the house.
We kept up with this little chart for the 3 days. She got excited about making a mark every time she went.
Thank you Harper for being easy to potty train! I love you sweet girl!











1 comment:
Way to go Harper!
Post a Comment