At the beginning of the year, Jeff and I joined the brand new 24 Hour Super Sport in Murphy. I've done pretty well at getting to the gym the last week and a half. We take turns staying home with Harper. I'm enjoying the pool and the group classes that they offer. So far, I've done a couple of spin classes, yoga, and pilates. Last Sunday I attended my first class and it kicked my butt! I was sore for 3 days. Pilates is all about strengthening your core and considering my stomach looked like this 4 months ago - I haven't done any core work in about a year. (pre pregnancy)
The class is one hour long of constant moving, bending, holding, and stretching. Towards the end of class our instructor says "Ok now for the fun part." Fun part??? Not so sure about that. Try torture! We got into the "Plank position" and held it for 30 seconds. Ok not so bad. I did it.
Then she says "Let's go for 60 seconds." Yikes - my whole body was burning! Then she says, "Let's go for 2 minutes!" Whew - I was done at that point. I'm going to have to work up to the 2 minute hold. Here's a few other "fun" poses that we held for what seemed like an eternity.

Then she says "Let's go for 60 seconds." Yikes - my whole body was burning! Then she says, "Let's go for 2 minutes!" Whew - I was done at that point. I'm going to have to work up to the 2 minute hold. Here's a few other "fun" poses that we held for what seemed like an eternity.

After class, I jumped in the pool and got a little half mile swim in before I had to leave the gym. I'm sure that I'll be sore tomorrow but it will be a good kind of sore. I have a long way to go to get back into pre-baby triathlon shape!
**Please note I found these pics on the Internet - they are not me.











1 comment:
Did mom tell you that Christina and I went to hot yoga on Friday night? It was an experience, let's just say that. I finally stopped being sore on Monday.
Post a Comment