Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Locked out and girls night

Jeff has been out of town for the past two days for the Texas State High School Baseball Coaches convention in Waco. He and the other 3 baseball coaches from Centennial left on Thursday morning. They have spent the last two days attending clinics, seminars, expos, etc. While Jeff was gone, I decided that Harper and I needed a little company. Yesterday, my college roomies - Natalie and Sarah made the drive out to Wylie to hang out for the night.

Natalie was set to arrive around 11:00am yesterday. Harper was getting a little fussy and it was 77 degrees outside, so I decided to go outside with her and wait for Natalie. I walked out of the front door and closed the door behind me. I turned back around to go inside and grab my cell phone in case Natalie called if she was lost. PROBLEM - The door was locked!! Oh no - I just locked myself out of the house!! This was a first! Thank goodness that I had Harper with me!! At this point, I realized that Jeff was out of town and we didn't have a spare key hidden anywhere. I went over to my neighbors house and asked if we by any chance had given them a spare key. We have one of their keys so I thought maybe we had given them one of ours. Nope! I couldn't think of any one else that had a key to our house except my parents.

Thankfully, they were on their way to Dallas yesterday to take my sister Carol to the airport. Natalie, Harper and I were planning on meeting them for lunch in Dallas. I called Mom and luckily she had my house key with her, so they quickly made a change of plans and came to our house instead of going straight to the restaurant in Dallas. It took them 45 minutes to get to my house so Natalie, Harper and I waited patiently at my neighbor's house. Thankfully I didn't have to call the locksmith. I've definitely learned my lesson - hide a key outside or give one to the neighbors. After our small delay, we all made our way to Plano to meet my Grandmother for lunch at the Olive Garden.
Carol had a direct overnight flight to London, a 12 hour layover, then another overnight flight to Israel. Please pray for Carol as she goes back to Tel Aviv for her ministry. Israel has been all over the news the last few weeks because of the war in the Gaza strip. Please pray for Carol's safety and protection.

After lunch, Natalie, Harper, and I went back to my house. Sarah came over after work and she and Natalie had fun playing with little Miss Harper. Harper drools so much that I keep a bib on her most of the time.
Sarah is an accountant for Brinker - the parent company for Chili's, Macaroni Grill, On The Border, and Maggiano's. One of the perks of working for Brinker is Free Food! The only chain restaurant we have in Wylie is Chili's - so it worked out perfect. Sarah ordered take out for us and we enjoyed a yummy dinner in the comfort of my kitchen. For dessert, we tried the new Chocolate Chip Cookie Molten Cake. We assembled it ourselves and it was so yummy!It's a "warm chocolate chip cookie cake with milk chocolate fudge filling, topped with vanilla ice cream under a crunchy chocolate shell." Is your mouth watering yet...
Natalie feeling pretty miserable after eating dinner and dessert.
After dinner we played cards and stayed up talking. It was so fun to have a little slumber party while Jeff was away.

1 comment:

Alana said...

I think that I may still have your spare key somewhere...too bad we don't live closer. I'm so glad to hear that at least Harper was with you...