Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Books!
I was telling my mom last week that we didn't have many books for Harper. She is getting to the age where I want to read to her but I was getting bored with the two books that we had. Harper's book shelf in her room looked pretty pathetic. Mom said that she saved everything from when we were kids - so she would go up in the attic and see what she could find. When they came to visit us on Sunday, she brought two big boxes of books and toys from my childhood. I couldn't believe that she kept everything! It was so fun to reminisce about my childhood. My empty bookshelf looked like this when mom left!
Thanks mom for bringing all of our books for Harper. It was so fun reading "The Wheels on the Bus", "Brown Bear, Brown Bear", and "Goodnight Moon" to her today. When Jeff got home tonight, he read to Harper before we put her to bed. She seems to really enjoy being read to.
I love how she is helping Jeff hold the book in this picture. So sweet!
Besides books, mom also brought over a box of toys. We put most of them into a sink full of bleach to disinfect them. They had been in the attic for almost 20 years!! I was amazed that this "see n' say" still managed to work. There is no batteries in it so I have no idea how it still talks to you. Harper was pretty sceptical of this one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











5 comments:
I was talking to your Mom while she was in the attic. how fun for her and Tom. It's always rewarding when we save those little treasures and are able to give them to our children's children
"Goodnight Moon" was one of my favorites! yay for the classics!
Thanks for posting all the pics and such - Harper's growing so fast, I don't feel so disconnected this way, even from halfway around the world. Love you all!
What a smart baby! :)
I love how she is really paying attention!
"Goodnight Moon" is my favorite book - love it!
And those pictures are too precious!
Post a Comment