Saturday, October 11, 2008
Fun trip to Austin
On Wednesday, my mom and I took Harper down to Austin and the Hill Country for a few days to visit my sister, Rebekah.
Harper did great on the car ride down to Austin. The normal three hour trip turned into 4 1/2 hours because of breastfeeding stops with Harper. We got to Austin and met Rebekah at her dorm. For dinner we attended a cookout at her dorm and got to meet lots of her friends. I can't believe that my "baby" sister is in college already! After dinner, we headed out to our condo in the Hill Country. It was a real treat to get away for a couple of days. 
On Thursday we had lunch in Gruene at the Gristmill. It was such a pretty day to sit out on the patio overlooking the river. After lunch, we took Rebekah back to campus so she could go to her afternoon classes.
I called some of our friends, David & Laura, to see if we could come over for a visit. David and I worked together several years ago at Team In Training. They have a little girl named Kennedy that is about 6 weeks older than Harper. We had a fun time visiting with them. 
On Thursday evening, we hit the outlet mall in San Marcos. It's HUGE!! So many great stores. I decided that it's much easier to shop with Harper as long as I have an extra set of hands. (i.e. Mimi!) Friday morning we left the condo around 10:30am for our long trip back to Dallas. Because it was TX/OU weekend, I35 was crazy crowded. There were state troopers about every 20 miles and we passed at least 5-6 wrecks between Austin and Dallas. It took us about 7 hours (with stops) to get back up to Dallas. We made it back in time for Jeff's football game.
This game she decided to stay awake for most of it. She loved looking up at the stadium lights.
Mom and I made it back home to Wylie after 11pm last night! It was a long day but a good one. After doing film for half of the night, Jeff got up early this morning to head to the TX/OU game with my cousins. I got him the ticket for his very early birthday present. He had a blast and TX won!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
The Gristmill?? SO jealous!!
Post a Comment