Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Go Titans!

Jeff coaches football at Centennial High School in Frisco. Yesterday was their homecoming and Harper and I wanted to be a part of it. We went to the homecoming pep rally at the school. I was pretty nervous about taking her into the high school gym with 1,000 screaming students and a loud band. But -Jeff held her the whole time and she SLEPT!!! I couldn't believe that she slept through the whole thing. I figured if she could sleep through the pep rally that maybe (fingers crossed here) she would sleep through the game. The pep rally was over at 4:00pm and the game didn't start until 7:30. I didn't have enough time to go all the way home to Wylie (40 minute drive each way) so I decided to go shopping. (Note: WHAT WAS I THINKING - see my last post...)
I'm not sure how I managed to forget my last shopping experience so quickly. I started with Old Navy - and didn't get any shopping done before I quickly made my way to the dressing room for Harper's mid afternoon snack. We then went to Target to make a few returns. Harper loves movement - so she is an angel as long as I have her in the car driving or in her stroller moving! We made our way to the card aisle and she lost it. I tried to move the stroller back and forth with one hand while I picked up a few cards. I think card shopping is stressful enough without a screaming baby! So I gave up in defeat. I loaded her back in the car and went up to the Frisco stadium. She was pretty fussy once we arrived at the game. I called Jeff, who was already up in the press box, and said that I wasn't sure how long we would make it before I gave up and went home. I tried to make my way up into the stands and couldn't get her to calm down so I went back to the car to feed her. After sitting in the car for 30 minutes, we trekked back into the stadium and found all of the other coaches wives. Harper almost immediately fell asleep and stayed asleep for the rest of the game. Centennial won 32 - 24. It was an exciting game down to the last play. Leslie, one of the other coaches wives, had little shirts made for all of the coaches kids. They say "Titan In Training" and are oh so cute.
After the game, Harper and I went down on the field to see Jeff before we left. He was excited to see her. We didn't get home until almost midnight and Harper and I were both pretty tired. I got one more picture of her in her cute t-shirt before I put her to bed.

Jeff is on the film crew that has to stay up at the school and process the film after the game. I think he rolled into bed around 3:30. Oh the joys of football season...

4 comments:

Alana said...

I saw a cute little football dress yesterday and thought of Harper, but I didn't think that she'd be venturing out to her daddy's games just yet. I'm glad that she enjoyed the peprally & the game - just not the shopping trip inbetween.

Rhonda said...

aww such a sweet girl... UHH I cant wait to finally meet her! I finally posted on my blog! Love you!

Emily said...

Like I said before, I'm so proud of you for getting out so much! You sound like a natural!

Team Leslie said...

Good for you for supporting daddy and making it through the entire afternoon! She is a beauty:)