Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 29, 2008

We Survived

This past weekend I took Harper to Albuquerque, New Mexico with my parents. We went to a dear family friend's wedding on Saturday night. I wasn't sure how Harper would do traveling on an air plane and being away from home for a couple of days. Fortunately, she did fabulous!! We left early on Friday morning and she slept pretty much the entire flight. I was planning on just holding Harper the whole flight but the flight was not full so they let her have her own seat for free!
Once we arrived in Albuquerque, we got checked into our hotel and then headed out to do some sightseeing. We found an arts festival in downtown that we explored. Friday night we were all pretty tired so we ended up just ordering pizza for dinner and watching the presidential debate. Saturday morning we attended a brunch that Mandy, the bride, hosted. The weather was beautiful and we all sat out on the patio. Harper enjoyed snuggling with mommy in her sling all weekend. My mom lived in Albuquerque from the time she as 6 until she was 15. On Saturday afternoon, we went and visited her old house and high school. It was fun to see where mom grew up and reminisce with her. Sandia Peaks are beautiful mountains just on the outskirts of town. Mom said that she spent lots of time here when she was younger. After spending the day exploring, we headed to the wedding. Mandy was such a beautiful bride!! The wedding was at a small church and the beautiful reception was on the rooftop terrace of a 20 story building! During the wedding, I sat on the back row of the church with Harper and she did not make a peep! At the reception, she hung out in her sling and did great. Here's the happy couple - Mr. and Mrs. Sam Bergamo!On Sunday our flight was not until 8:30pm, so we relaxed at the hotel and then went to visit the Indian Cultural Center. We found some yummy Mexican food for dinner before we headed to the airport. Harper once again did great on the flight home. It was a full flight so I held her the entire time. I think that she was so tired after our busy weekend that she slept the whole time. The flight was delayed and we did not get home until 11:30pm! Jeff sure was glad to see us when we finally made it home. He said that Harper changed in just the 2 1/2 days that we were gone! Overall, it was a great weekend!

2 comments:

Leah said...

So glad the trip went well! You've got a sweet little girl!

I tagged you! Check out my blog to see what you have to do...and you have to fill it out! If I did...you all do!

Emily said...

OK...I think you have the perfect baby! She's so good! (Minus the dressing room incident, but we'll let that one fly)