Yesterday, Harper and I decided to venture out to go shopping. We are leaving tomorrow to FLY to Albuquerque, New Mexico for a family wedding and I needed to find a dress to wear to the "Black Tie optional" wedding!! I have been putting off the inevitable - shopping for a new dress. First of all - after you have a baby, everything in your body has shifted around a bit. NONE of my dresses from pre-baby fit me right now! Hopefully they eventually will.
So Harper and I loaded up the car and headed to the Allen Outlet Mall. She loves any kind of movement - riding in the car, being in the stroller, etc. I tried to plan our outing perfectly - just after a feeding so hopefully she would sleep. Well, she did great until I made it into the first dressing room at the first store. She decided to wake up and scream. Whew - a cry really echoes in those dressing rooms. So after trying to console her for a while, I decided to just feed her again. That always gets her quite. I sat in the dressing room at BCBG and nursed her. The nice sales lady kept coming back and asking if I needed any help or another size. I politely said "no" and hoped she didn't realize that I had been in there for 30 minutes. Of course, after I fed her I had to change her poopy diaper - all in the dressing room!
I then thought that she would be content for me to hit a few more stores. I headed to the next store and she was fine as long as we were moving - but as soon as I parked the stroller in the dressing room we had a screaming baby again! By this point I was stressed out and not being a productive shopper! I gave up in defeat!
Note: don't try to go shopping with a 4 week old without an additional set of hands to help out!
Luckily, my sweet husband hurried home from football practice so I could run out to the mall to try again. I did find a dress at my favorite store Ann Taylor Loft. It should be perfect for the wedding. I'll be sure and post lots of pictures when we return on Monday.
Here's a new video that I took of Harper yesterday. This was in the morning before we headed out for our shopping adventure. She's an angel here - why couldn't she be like this while I was shopping.... Lesson learned.
Please pray for us tomorrow morning as we board a flight at 9:15am for New Mexico. Harper and I are flying with my parents. Unfortunately, Jeff couldn't go because of football season. I'm trying to get packed today. It's amazing how much stuff you have to travel with now that you have a baby - stroller, car seat, enough diapers to last the weekend, multiple outfits per day for she and I in case of spit ups, etc...
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











5 comments:
adorable! good for you for the shopping attempt!!! andrew is almost 4 months and we just made it to the big weekly grocery trip! you are doing so awesome!
Wow. What an ANGEL and NO, I didn't get the least bit bored. She sounds like her daddy was. As long as you kept moving - perfect angel. As soon as you stopped it could be a real nightmare.
Just got all caught up on your blog. Harper is beautiful, and it looks like y'all are having a wonderful time as new parents. Isn't it amazing!?!
Your stories make me laugh - so much of it so familiar:)
Lol! Learning to juggle a newborn and get everything done is so hard, but you will be an old pro soon enough. It gets a lot easier by 6 weeks old as your baby gets into a regular routine. Baby Annabelle waves hello!
Next time you want an extra pair of hands while shopping call me! Reed and I would love to help out with Harper!
Post a Comment