Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 16, 2008

Animal Control and Pitbulls

Jeff and I have had a little problem with one of our neighbor's dogs. This just isn't any dog - it's 55 lb. pit bull!!! For those of you that know me, you know that I'm scared of dogs (big and small)! This issue started about 2 months ago when I woke up one Saturday morning to find a dog in our back yard. I couldn't figure out how it got into our back yard because the gate was closed and locked! After a few minutes, I watched it disappear under the fence through a hole that it had dug. Here's the whole that it dug and the fence that it broke to get into our yard.


Later that afternoon I went over to our behind the house neighbors and told them that their dog had dug a hole into our back yard. They then told me that it wasn't their dog - it was their next door neighbors. So basically this dog has been digging into several back yards. After that instance I didn't see the dog for a while.
But then, this past weekend we got a call from our behind the house neighbors saying that the pit bull had gotten into our yard again and now animal control & the police department were involved. The police told me that animal control would be by the next day to pick up the dog. At this time, the pit bull was issued a citation from the cops. I didn't know that dogs could get citations but apparently they can. Then on Tuesday morning, I was standing in the kitchen making breakfast and I heard a horrible noise. I looked outside and saw the pit bull BUSTING out of OUR back yard!!! It basically ran into our fence and broke a big enough hole to get out. Are you kidding me???
I then called animal control and asked that they come immediately and catch this dog. It is dangerous to have it loose in the neighborhood with all of the kids outside playing. Animal control came and after about an hour they found the dog across the neighborhood! They took it into custody because the owners can't keep it in their back yard and it tried to attack the animal control man.

Long story short, or short story longer, I got a call on Wednesday from animal control saying that they were taking the dog and its owners to court. He asked if Jeff and I can appear in court next Friday! Yikes! Animal control wants us there to say that we feel threatened by this pit bull that keeps busting into our back yard. I sure don't want to have my daughter outside playing in the future and be scared that the pit bull will come in any moment to OUR back yard. I'll let you know what happens after we go to court next Friday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's CRAZY!! What a bizarre story!