Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's been a while...

Jeff and I are so excited because a 24 Hour Fitness just opened up about 5 minutes from our house. This is HUGE because before now the closest pool was in Plano - about a 20+ minute drive!! We have been watching the 24 Hour Fitness being built and have anxiously awaited the grand opening. We were coming home last night and noticed that there were finally cars in the parking lot. Harper was sleeping in the back seat and I said - "Jeff - let me just run in and pick up some membership info - I'll be right back." Well, I walked in and was so excited about the newness and niceness of this facility and one thing led to another - and I walked out about 15 minutes later with two brand new gym memberships! This Super Sport Club has everything we could ever need - 3 swimming pools, tons of cardio and weight equipment, great classes, free babysitting, etc.

In the last 3 months, I've tried to go out for a run a few times but have just ended up being disappointed with myself. Having a baby will really get you "out of shape" fast! The last athletic thing that I did was run the White Rock Marathon last December. I then found out I was pregnant and decided to have a nice relaxing pregnancy which involved little to no working out.

I'm now itching to get back into pre-baby / triathlon shape. My goal is to do the Capital of Texas Triathlon in Austin over Memorial Day weekend. I don't just want to go out and complete it - I'd like to try to compete in my age group again. After today's visit to the gym, I realized that I have a long way to go to get back into race shape!


24 Hour Fitness has a great 25 meter indoor and outdoor pool. After doing a little cardio to warm up, I timidly jumped into the pool. I was nervous because the last time I swam laps was well over a year ago. Don't worry - I didn't forget how to swim - but it sure felt like I hadn't done it in FOREVER! My arms were aching before my stop watch even hit 10 minutes. I struggled through a couple of sets and then decided that the hot tub looked really inviting.


I'm glad that I made myself go tonight. I'm excited to get back in the training mode. It will definitely be challenging with Harper. Jeff & I won't be able to just go work out together at the gym whenever we feel like it. It's going to take much more planning. Today I fed Harper, then handed her over to Jeff while I went up to the gym, by the time I got back home and cleaned up it was feeding time again. Jeff then left to go do his workout and then we will have dinner when he gets back. Bottom line is - I'm going to have to drag my lazy butt out of bed in the mornings to go get my workout in before Jeff leaves for work. We shall see how this goes...

1 comment: