Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Traditions

Every year since I can remember the Cutrell side of the family always gets together for a fun Christmas celebration. When we were younger, we would all (20 plus people) pile into a house for a weekend. Now that we are older and the 12 grandchildren are starting their own families we have shortened the celebration to a one day event. I so look forward to this time each year when we can all get together and catch up on life. One of my very favorite traditions is that we read the Christmas story and act it out and have our very own play. My mom has the same box of costumes that we have used since we were all little (angel wings made of tinsel, burger king crowns, and more).  Some of the older cousins required a little more prodding this year to get them to participate but it was a success. Harper was Mary, Brody was a sheep, Jeff was a shepherd, & I was the play director.
A few members of our cast

Hey Ian - I'm not sure if the shepherds had cell phones.

This was the first year that the narrator read from her iphone and not the Bible! Ha!

Mary and her donkey (Papa)

So I forgot to bring a baby doll to play baby Jesus so we grabbed the little tiny figurine from the nativity set that Aunt Ruth had on the coffee table. Harper was a little confused.

Shepherds and their sheep




Mary and a wise man (Aunt Rebekah)

My mom and Mama

The kids and I with Uncle Chris





So thankful for my family!

No comments: