Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Triathlon: Fun to be Back

I finally jumped back into racing triathlon this past month.  It's been hard finding the time to train now that there are two little ones wanting my attention. My college roommate, Michelle, and I did two triathlons in September.  First up was the Blackland Sprint Triathlon in Plano.  This was my first race back since Brody.
 We had a great time out on the course and I even came away with 1st place in my age group.
Last Sunday, Michelle & I did the Stonebridge Ranch Triathlon in McKinney.  This was Michelle's first olympic distance race.  Originally I was planning to to the olympic distance also, but a busy September put a damper on my training so I stuck with the Sprint on race day. Emily and Elisa came on race morning to surprise Michelle. It was so fun having them cheer us on.

First open water swim of the year...thank goodness I didn't forget how.
And she's out of the water...

4 loops of the bike course and still looking strong.

Starting her run

The Sprint distance race didn't start until 9:00 after most of the oly athletes were on the run.
Whew - I made it out of the water.

Jeff and the kids made it in time to see me on the bike & run
Harper enjoyed cheering me on.

So fun to get a hug & kiss from Harper as I was heading out on to the run course.


Michelle coming down the finish chute.  She did great on her first olympic distance!

Excited to be almost done.


Thank you Emily & Elisa for coming over to cheer us on. 
And just for the record...I placed 2nd in my age group!

No comments: