Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 26, 2009

House Update

We sold our home in Wylie a few weeks ago. We spent about three weeks looking at houses in the Frisco / McKinney area. We put an offer on one house that we liked in McKinney. They came back and place a counter offer. I decided that I wanted us to go look at it one more time before we accepted the counter offer. Well, after looking at it for a second time we decided that we didn't like it that much after all. We would have had to move in and replace carpet and paint a lot of the house. We removed our offer on this house and continued our search. Several houses later, we came across the "perfect" home in Frisco. It as just a few miles from Jeff's school and we loved the house. It was on the high side of our price range but we put an offer anyway. The home had only been on the market for a few days but they already had several offers on it. We think ours was one of the lower offers so we were thrown out of the mix!

So we continued looking. By this time we had looked at over 35 homes and I was sick of looking at houses. I guess that I'm just too picky! We knew that we were getting into crunch time because we have to be out of our Wylie home on Aug. 10th. We knew that we needed to find something pretty quick or we wouldn't have a home to move into when we leave Wylie. We went out "one last day" with our realtor. Thankfully we found THE home. We looked at it two times in one day just to make sure. We put an offer on it that day. This home had only been on the market 3 days and we found out that there were THREE other offers that came in the same day as ours. We decided to raise our initial offer because we wanted this house! Thankfully after we raised our offer to their asking price, they agreed to work with us. It took a few days to get all of the paperwork finalized but we are set to close on August 18th now. Yes - that does put us 8 days between homes. We asked the people that bought our Wylie home if we could "lease it back" from them during that time. They agreed to let us stay until Aug. 14th. So now we will only be homeless from the 14th - 19th. I've been researching the best option for our move. Do we put everything in a POD storage unit or just load everything up on a truck and leave the truck sitting somewhere? I'm sick of moving and we haven't even really started the actual move yet! We started packing this weekend. So far I've packed 27 boxes of just China and kitchen things!

We are very excited about being in McKinney much closer to Jeff's school.

1 comment:

Leah said...

where abouts in McKinney??