Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Work in Progress

This past weekend Jeff was out of town for a little guy trip to St. Louis. While he was gone visiting all of his college baseball friends, my mom came over to Wylie and helped me start the nursery. As I mentioned in a previous post, we had to combine our guest bedroom and office to allow space for the nursery. The first challenge was combining the two closets. Here's what it looked like when we pulled everything out of the office closet and moved it into the guest bedroom.
The room that we are using for the nursery was a dark shade of blue to begin with. It took a great primer and a couple of coats of paint to cover the blue. Picking out paint is one of the most overwhelming experiences to me. There are way too many colors to choose from. Thankfully, Home Depot has this cool machine that you can hold a fabric swatch up to and it will match the perfect paint color to it. I let the machine do it's magic and then tweaked shade a bit. One can of primer and one can of paint later we had a cute pink room for Baby Sherman.

My mom and I finished painting the room last weekend and then this weekend the task was to assemble the crib and dresser that we bought. We ordered our furniture from JCPenney and it only took about 5 days for it to arrive. When we went to pick it up it was packed in two HUGE flat boxes. We loaded them up at the store in Frisco then headed home to start assembling. I knew that "some assembly" would be required but I didn't realize that we would be building from the ground up. Here's what the dresser looked like when we pulled it out of the box...about 30 different wood pieces.

Here's Jeff starting to figure out which pieces go where.

The hardest part to the dresser was the wide assortment of screws, bolts, hinges, and nails that they included. We started by separating each unique piece of hardware into a pile and naming it.

After Jeff and I worked on the dresser for about 2 hours on Friday night we gave up and headed to bed. Saturday afternoon my parents came by and Jeff and my Dad finished the dresser while my mom, sister and I assembled the crib. Here's the finished dresser.

The crib was easier to put together because we didn't have so many pieces to work with. Here's my dad with the finished product.


Today Jeff and I headed to Babies R'Us this afternoon to pick up a crib matress, changing pad and cover. Now all we need is decorations on the wall and Baby Sherman will have a completed room.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Love it! Keep posting pictures!

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

So cute Sarah! I cant wait to see more pictures! And we need a 5 South reunion when Baby Sherman arrives! Love you!

Patty said...

Wow. Starting to look like a baby's room. I just love those "some assembly required" pieces of furnature. Looks like a really nice dresser and crib. Baby Sherman will have a really nice place to lay her little head.

Love all three of you.
Patty/Mom