So my triathlon coach asked me last week if I'm still working out during my pregnancy. Well, let's just say that I ran the White Rock Marathon in December and I haven't done much since then. I found out I was pregnant right after I did the marathon. I didn't have much extra energy during my first trimester to run or workout. Now that I'm in my second trimester, I guess I don't have the "no energy" excuse anymore.
Today was my day off and it was beautiful outside. I decided that I was going to go for a little run. Remember that I haven't really run since the marathon in December. I got all dressed in my running clothes. My TNT singlet barely covered my expanding belly. I clipped on my ipod and headed out the door. I did a five minute warm up walk then started my clock timer. My original plan was to do a run / walk method - (run for 5 minutes, then walk for 1 minute - then repeat). Well, I made it out of my neighborhood and around the corner and was already watching my clock timer. Whew - at about 4 minutes -I was DONE!
I think that Baby Sherman was a little shocked at all of the jostling motion. I felt some slight cramps in my stomach and decided that I was done running. I went ahead and walked for another 30 minutes and then called it a day. So much for running while pregnant.... I think that I'll stick to walking.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment