Last weekend we packed up and headed down to Austin so I could run the Austin Half Marathon. This was my first race post baby! I started running about a month after Brody was born and I slowly worked back up to "race shape." I am so thankful for Jeff for keeping the kiddos most Saturday mornings so I could go train. Thanks to Ashley & Janet for helping me through those training days.
Our prize - the finish line...

Lindsay cooked a yummy pasta dinner for us on Saturday night before the race!
Our prize - the finish line...
Lindsay cooked a yummy pasta dinner for us on Saturday night before the race!

It was late by the time that we made it to the hotel on Saturday night. Thank you Doubletree for the warm chocolate chip cookie upon check in. It served as a nice bedtime snack.
We woke up bright and early on Sunday to pretty warm weather. It started in the 50's and warmed up pretty quickly. We trained in freezing temps and had to do some treadmill runs due to ice / snow, so it was a little different to run in shorts and a singlet. Thanks to Parker for driving us right up to the start so we didn't have to worry about parking. The race had over 20,000 runners and walkers so there was lots of energy on the course and with the spectators.












1 comment:
Way to go , Sarah!!!
Post a Comment