Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, January 7, 2011

Cutrell Christmas

We celebrated Christmas with the Cutrell family this past weekend.  I always look forward to our yearly get togethers where we get to see this huge side of my dad's family. 
One of the traditions that we started when I was young was acting out the Christmas story with all of the cousins.  We have old videos of when my sisters and I were dressed up as Mary, Angels, sheep, etc. My mom and Aunt made costumes for us when we were all younger. She still has those same costumes and pulls them out each year. This year it was really fun because we have several little kids again.  Harper was Mary and wasn't so sure about it at first.  Here's me giving her a little pep talk before she went on "stage".
Joseph (Reed) riding his donkey (Ian) to Bethlehem  
Mary (Harper) making her entrance on her donkey (Michael).  Not sure why her donkey is wearing a crown!  
Mary had a little run in with the coffee table on her way to Bethlehem so we had a small meltdown in the middle of the play.  Nothing that a little juice and cookie can't fix.  
Shepherds and their little sheep (Jeff, Brody, Levi & Brad) 
The three wise men presenting their gifts to Baby Jesus. (Josh, Andrew, and Ben)  Yes we made Andrew, my sisters fiance, be in the play this year.  He wasn't too excited about it!  
The Cast  (The Cousins)  
Our little sheep did great.  I think he slept through most of the play.  
I just love this pic of Harper and Mama (her great grandmother)!
I love family traditions!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love family traditions too and that is a GREAT one! LOVE it!

Sappington said...

So fun-I love it!