Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

3 Months Old

Brody is 3 months old today. He has changed our little family and we love him so much.

My friend Emily brought Brody his very own Sophie Giraffe all the way from her home in Paris, France.  He just started grabbing it and trying to put it in his mouth.  He likes to make it squeak also.  

Since this blog is the only "baby book" that my kids are going to get, I want to record some of the milestones along the way.  At least I print my blog at the end of each year so they will be able to look back at it someday.
At 3 months old Brody is such a good baby.  Compared to Harper he is a very chill baby.  I think she was Miss Drama Queen from day one.  One of the biggest differences between the two is their sleeping patterns.  I'm so thankful that Brody started consistently sleeping through the night on December 19th!  Yes you read that right - at two months old!! I haven't wanted to put it into "writing" and jinx myself.  Harper didn't sleep through the night consistently until she was ONE years old!!  Whew - it's amazing how getting a full nights sleep can help this mama function. 
  • He eats about every 3-4 hours during the day and then goes about 10 hours at night.
  • Usually goes to bed by about 8 p.m. and sleeps until about 6 a.m. - 7 a.m.  He gets up early and eats and then usually goes back to sleep for a while.
  • He is starting to notice Harper more.  His eyes get really big when she comes in for a hug or kiss.
  •  Harper likes to read to him while he is eating.
  • He is starting to giggle and coo more.

    We are getting into a routine and I'm loving being a mommy of two!

2 comments:

Auntie Carol :-) said...

Hey look, Brody got his own post! So fun to see how much he is growing... love you!

Kampen Family said...

He is so cute! I am so thankful that this time around you have an AWESOME sleeper!!! I pray he keeps it up for you!