Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 28, 2010

The miracle plate?

Harper is pretty hit or miss when it comes to meal times.  I can always count on her eating a good breakfast.  I think it's because it's been 14 hours since she ate dinner! Lunch and dinner are usually hit or miss.  One day she will love a grilled cheese sandwich and the next day she will turn her nose up at it.  One day she will eat veggies and the next day she won't.  I don't get it.  While wandering the aisles of target last week I picked up a little plate with dividers in it.  Up until now, I have just put all of her food on her high chair and she would mix it around and eat some of it.  I served her dinner on her new plate last night and divided up her food into the little compartments.  She ate everything!! I tried it again tonight and she ate everything again.  We might be on to something here.  I guess she was just ready to start using an actual plate!
I've tried to give her chicken nuggets before but she hasn't really liked them that much. Tonight I gave her ketchup to dip them in and she loved it! 
Here's Harper eating her dinner with her new divider plate.  Maybe the new plate will turn her into a good eater!
Harper LOVES blueberries.  She usually eats them for dessert.  I think she might be able to win an eating contest with this speed!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

I love these divider plates! We have a couple from Target that we use. I know Macie's done when she starts transferring food from one section to another!

Austin and Ashley Evans said...

We have the same plate and Brooke loves it!! I took notes on new foods to try Brooke on that Harper is eating! Thanks for the ideas! :)