Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 20, 2009

GAFIA 2009

Last weekend I attended GAFIA 2009! This is our annual weekend getaway with my College roommates. We came up with this idea when we were all graduating from Baylor. We decided that every year we would all get together for at least a long weekend - no matter where life takes us. This will be at least one weekend out of the year that we can all be in the same place and catch up on life! This year we celebrated our 5 year reunion so we went back to where it all started - WACO!
Our first stop in Waco was to the jewelry store where we all bought our Baylor rings to get them cleaned.
We all met while we were living in Collins dorm our freshman year at Baylor. We were total dorks and snuck back into the dorm and went and visited each of our rooms. It was weird knocking on the door and saying "Hi - I'm Sarah and I lived here 9 years ago!" I can't believe that I've known these amazing girls for that long!
Of course we had to make several visits to Common Grounds over the course of the weekend. Fun times spent laughing, talking, and catching up. Baylor built a new bear pit in the middle of campus for the bears. It's really nice. We walked around campus on Friday for a while until it started to rain. It then continued to rain all weekend - so much for laying by the pool. Lunch at Schmaltz's - one of our favorite lunch spots in Waco.
We had a yummy dinner at Ninfa's and then an impromptu dance party on the roof of the business school parking garage in the rain!! I love that I can completely be myself around these girls - dork and all!

No comments: